Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Day of Hewing

Today we got started early in the cold.  I worked late last night hewing this side of the log.  Today I have to level it up before starting on the bottom.  

You can see that this side is a little high in the center.




Dad is helping me to pull string to see how much  more needs to be removed  from the log.


My brother giving me his opinion of how the log should be finished.  He and his friends couldn't believe I would  spend all the hours hewing, when I have  a sawmill that would cut the log in a few minutes.  They just don't understand!



Here I have turned the log over and began on the bottom side.
 


















                                                                                           



Close view of the hewing on this side of the log
Second side completed!
This has a good shot of my sawmill in the background.

Take a look at all the shavings I've cut by hand.



No comments: